A Little About Me

New York, New York
As a newly married woman, it has become my mission in life to learn how to cook. Gone are the days of picking up sushi and ordering curries. In order to jump-start my education, I enrolled in the Institute of Culinary Education's Fine Cooking I course where I learned the basics, from roasting to boiling to mousse-making (ok, maybe not that basic)! I've attempted to replicate some recipes - somewhat successfully- and create a few of my own. This blog is for friends and foodies and is intended to document my cooking adventures (and occasional fiascoes). Enjoy the pictures and bon appetite!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Do Some Dairy

While my husband usually has some variation of eggs or french toast for breakfast, I like to start my mornings with lighter fare. Since I am not the biggest milk drinker, I try, when I can, to squeeze some dairy into my day. My recent breakfast obsession is Fage, a brand of nutritious, not-too-sweet greek yogurt. While it tastes great on its own, I like to add a few seasonal ingredients to liven things up.

Ingredients
3/4 cup Fage yogurt
1/2 cup blackberries
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp chopped frsh mint

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my breakfast...minus the mint and honey....adding blueberries & strawberries ;-)

    ReplyDelete