A Little About Me

New York, New York
As a newly married woman, it has become my mission in life to learn how to cook. Gone are the days of picking up sushi and ordering curries. In order to jump-start my education, I enrolled in the Institute of Culinary Education's Fine Cooking I course where I learned the basics, from roasting to boiling to mousse-making (ok, maybe not that basic)! I've attempted to replicate some recipes - somewhat successfully- and create a few of my own. This blog is for friends and foodies and is intended to document my cooking adventures (and occasional fiascoes). Enjoy the pictures and bon appetite!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chimichurri; My Favorite Steak Topper

There's nothing my husband enjoys more in this world than my breath after I've consumed a bunch of raw garlic and onions. One of my favorite breath-strengthening items has to be chimichurri, a green sauce originally from Argentina used for grilling meats. I love to spread the stuff all over my steak, drenching every bite in fresh herb goodness.

Ingredients
1 cup fresh parsley
1 cup fresh cilantro
4-5 garlic cloves
2 tbsp chopped onion
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp lime juice
salt and red pepper flakes to taste

For a wonderful steak topper, combine all the above ingredients in a food processor and pulse till smooth!

1 comment:

  1. This takes me back to Che's...remember how much chimichurri we all ate!!!!

    ReplyDelete