A Little About Me

New York, New York
As a newly married woman, it has become my mission in life to learn how to cook. Gone are the days of picking up sushi and ordering curries. In order to jump-start my education, I enrolled in the Institute of Culinary Education's Fine Cooking I course where I learned the basics, from roasting to boiling to mousse-making (ok, maybe not that basic)! I've attempted to replicate some recipes - somewhat successfully- and create a few of my own. This blog is for friends and foodies and is intended to document my cooking adventures (and occasional fiascoes). Enjoy the pictures and bon appetite!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How I Spent My Week

Here's a look at what I've been learning to make this week at the Institute of Culinary Education

Braised lamb shank, braised leeks, endive salad with shallot vinegrette, warm lentil salad

Mussels in white wine sauce and fresh herbs
The interesting part was initially separating the live mussels from the dead

Spinach salad with curry vinegrette, roasted rosemary chicken, stuffed tomatoes

Seared lamb chops with herb butter, simple salad with classic vinegrette, sauteed broccoli, potatoes with persillade

Spicy Hot Vegetable Soup

Fresh Fruit Macerated with Liqueur


No comments:

Post a Comment