A Little About Me

New York, New York
As a newly married woman, it has become my mission in life to learn how to cook. Gone are the days of picking up sushi and ordering curries. In order to jump-start my education, I enrolled in the Institute of Culinary Education's Fine Cooking I course where I learned the basics, from roasting to boiling to mousse-making (ok, maybe not that basic)! I've attempted to replicate some recipes - somewhat successfully- and create a few of my own. This blog is for friends and foodies and is intended to document my cooking adventures (and occasional fiascoes). Enjoy the pictures and bon appetite!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Coooking With (Another) Kessner

I may have not had that much time to cook over the past couple of weeks, but there are a few other Kessner women who have. Over the long weekend, my sister-in-law, Andrea threw together a delicious half-dip, half-salad that went well with all the corn chips we had sitting around. As the mother of three, Andrea doesn't always have hours to spend preparing a meal... her dip was so easy to make, it's perfect for when you just need to make something fast and delicious!

Ingredients
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 small bunch fresh scallions, chopped
1 tomato, diced
1 red, yellow or orange pepper, diced
feta cheese (quantity can vary depending on your taste)
few splashes of balsamic or white vinegar
few splashes of olive oil
salt and pepper


This dip is really easy. Just throw all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix with some oil and vinegar. You can add more or less of whatever you like until it's to your liking! Just serve with some corn chips and everyone will congregate quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment