A Little About Me

New York, New York
As a newly married woman, it has become my mission in life to learn how to cook. Gone are the days of picking up sushi and ordering curries. In order to jump-start my education, I enrolled in the Institute of Culinary Education's Fine Cooking I course where I learned the basics, from roasting to boiling to mousse-making (ok, maybe not that basic)! I've attempted to replicate some recipes - somewhat successfully- and create a few of my own. This blog is for friends and foodies and is intended to document my cooking adventures (and occasional fiascoes). Enjoy the pictures and bon appetite!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Garlic Bread; For When You Need Some Carbs on the Menu


Garlic bread is a great start to any meal, Italian or other. Since I've been making a lot of soups and vegetable side dishes lately, I've needed a carb-centric item on the menu to help fill up my usually starving husband. The three things, besides a loaf of bread, that you'll need are olive oil, garlic paste and two cloves of finely minced garlic.

Start by slicing your loaf in half. Drizzle bread with a healthy amount of olive oil, squeeze and lather some garlic paste onto both halves and spread on the minced garlic.

Place one half of bread on top of the other and wrap the loaf in tin foil.


Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven, open the foil and separate the halves. Place back into oven and broil for a few minutes, or until you see the bread start to brown a bit.
Remove and let cool before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment