A Little About Me

New York, New York
As a newly married woman, it has become my mission in life to learn how to cook. Gone are the days of picking up sushi and ordering curries. In order to jump-start my education, I enrolled in the Institute of Culinary Education's Fine Cooking I course where I learned the basics, from roasting to boiling to mousse-making (ok, maybe not that basic)! I've attempted to replicate some recipes - somewhat successfully- and create a few of my own. This blog is for friends and foodies and is intended to document my cooking adventures (and occasional fiascoes). Enjoy the pictures and bon appetite!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

"Addicting" Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

This week, I wasn't exactly in the mood to make a big fuss over cooking. Instead of preparing a huge meal for my husband, I thought I'd whip together an easy-to-make batch of breakfast muffins for which I already had the majority of ingredients. Seeing as how fall is pumpkin season, I thought pumpkin chocolate chip muffins sounded like just about the best thing I could make. This recipe was great.... the pumpkin puree made the muffins really moist and, honestly, who doesn't love chocolate? I gave a few to my friends who said described them as "addicting" and "awesome," so why not give them a try if you're looking for something easy to make?

Ingredients
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups of sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling

Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin with some butter. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree (Libby's has always been my pumpkin-of-choice).....

oil, eggs and sugar...

and mix until well blended.

In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.

Add the dry mixture to the pumpkin mixture and whisk until combined.


Fold in the chocolate chips.

Spoon the batter into the muffin tin (restrain from eating all the batter raw), filling each about 2/3 way up. Sprinkle a few more chips on top of the muffins for that "pretty" factor.

Bake for 25-30 minutes. You'll know they're done if you can poke the muffin with a toothpick and they come out clean.

Let cool and then proceed to stuff your face with muffins!


1 comment:

  1. What a yummy recipe. Three favorites combined (muffin, pumpkin, chocolate). I'd love to have breakfast at your house Rachel.

    ReplyDelete