A Little About Me

New York, New York
As a newly married woman, it has become my mission in life to learn how to cook. Gone are the days of picking up sushi and ordering curries. In order to jump-start my education, I enrolled in the Institute of Culinary Education's Fine Cooking I course where I learned the basics, from roasting to boiling to mousse-making (ok, maybe not that basic)! I've attempted to replicate some recipes - somewhat successfully- and create a few of my own. This blog is for friends and foodies and is intended to document my cooking adventures (and occasional fiascoes). Enjoy the pictures and bon appetite!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

What My Husband Calls " The Best French Toast, Ever"

Even though it took us a while to get out of bed this morning, I still found the energy to whip up some homemade challah french toast for my husband. Using mini whole wheat challah rolls that I store in the refrigerator, I was able to make my husband what he calls "the best french toast, EVER!" (He actually did say that)

Ingredients:
challah roll, cut into slices
3 eggs
half and half
Aunt Jemima syrup
vanilla extract
cinnamon
butter
salt

Start by cracking three eggs into a baking dish.
Add a large splash of half and half (milk is fine too) and syrup, a small splash of vanilla extract,
and a pinch of salt and cinnamon. Whisk the ingredients together.

Next, cut your challah roll into slices and place them in the batter so they can soak it up.
Make sure to flip the pieces so both sides can absorb the mixture.

Melt about a tbsp of butter into a hot pan, then add the challah.
Cook each side on low for a couple minutes, frequently checking to make sure your breakfast isn't burnt.

Serve with some fruit (you'll need something healthy to counteract all that butter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment